View Single Post
Old 12.02.2020, 11:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 18,454 Times in 7,738 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Electrical wiring - routing in a concrete house built in the 70s

I'm now exploring the electrical wiring system of my house. I found the main board which I guess is the starting point where the wires around the house are distributed:

I also see coverings on the ceiling revealing a mess of wires underneath (also found similar on some walls:

I had a few questions:

1. What are these access points in the ceiling/walls for which hide a mess of wires?

2. Is there anywhere I can get electrical plans of houses (not this specific one) so that I can develop an intuition of how the wires may be routed around

3. I presume due to code it isn't allowed to run data cabling through the same conduit as electrical cabling - what's the best way to run CAT6a around the house to link various rooms?