View Single Post
Old 12.02.2020, 14:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 450 Times in 356 Posts
Thanked 19,839 Times in 8,254 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Electrical wiring - routing in a concrete house built in the 70s

Quote:
View Post
sadly, the i have plans for heating pipes etc. but nothing for the electrics. i was hoping to get a few plans for other houses to understand in general how it is laid out to aid in figuring it out for my specific house.
They are vague. For a new build, there will be a set of plans with sockets, lamp fixtures and so on marked.

There will be another showing very roughly the conduit runs - but more like joining the dots rather than actual physical locations of runs.

In my place (no plans), 1970s, the cables come up from the fuse box via a riser to a box in a cupboard with cables coming from these like a spiders web.
These smaller cables go to the wall and ceiling apertures you showed in one of your photos and from these apertures, out to one or more actual light fittings or sockets.

But, there are exceptions - some of my cable joins are completely hidden (I suspect there's at least one bodged connection in the ceiling) and a couple of circuits are definitely wired to a fuse that actually feed the sockets on the other side of the house so there's some bodged wiring there too.
This user would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post: