View Single Post
Old 14.02.2020, 09:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 177 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 16,900 Times in 6,874 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fachhochschüle health and safety gone mad

Quote:
View Post
Well you certainly can't blame anyone else, and I'd argue that this isn't anything "gone mad", just that those who thought they didn't need to bother attending are now learning their lesson the hard way.
Ah bless, the expected EF "missing the point entirely and devoid of humour" post. Well done. You win a small prize.

The madness is first a foremost a reference to the Express-like "It's Health and safety gone MAD!" Not meant to be taken seriously.

The thrust of the post is that the policy put in place is silly.
  • A briefing on H&S that's too easy to skip, but you're counted as qualified if you just sign in and then depart.
  • A backup procedure that's way more onerous, details and educational than the original one

From my experience with large organisations over the last thirty years (obviously I'm not communicating the full details in all their nuances - I'm no DB), this smacks of someone senior who's FUBAR'd, and is trying desperately to cover their bottoms, thereby making a mountain out of a molehill.

Quite entertaining really.
This user would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post: