View Single Post
Old 14.02.2020, 17:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 177 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 16,833 Times in 6,845 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fachhochschüle health and safety gone mad

Quote:
View Post
Probably an insurance issue. They have to prove that they did the training and that all students were trained.
I'd say... they failed, since attendance was not properly recorded. Pick up badge, then leave the building. Very stringent.

Quote:
View Post
That may very well be, but joking etc aside, it is very important for you kid to learn that this is a very serious subject if you work in a lab...
Of course it is, which is why the process is so utterly unfit for purpose. Fortunately, my dear darling daughter did three years apprenticeship in pharma, working in chemical laboratories, and thus holds certificates issued by Swiss authorities that she's properly trained. She already has the requisite knowledge and won't be a danger to anyone. Just didn't tick the process box.

Unlike little Johnny who just absconded after signing in!

Quote:
View Post
reminded me of this
Yes! That's exactly what the FH's process reminds me of!

Anyway, she's got her exam results, and she's done really well, except she's failed IT and will have to retake, so I've disinherited her as an embarrassment to her dad.