View Single Post
Old 15.02.2020, 10:28
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
moggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scammed on Facebook Marketplace, worth reporting to police?

Quote:
View Post
my son got scammed 200chf on Ricardo. The police took a report and even interviewed him. They were actually quite interested... they are looking for serial offenders...

Some years back OH was scammed by Ricardo ca 200 to 300. OH investigated details, address in a small village, some details did not add up.
Reported to Ricardo, who refunded, think their charge was between 5 to 10%, they said to report to Police.

OH went to Police Station to report, all civilised and was not sure how interested they were. Over the years police sent a number of updates by post re court cases, as a number of people scammed and amounts shown. I remember the seller was not Swiss Born, the rest is a haze.

One thing about Ricardo there is a upper limited what you can claim through them so dont send thousands. I do not have time to check, but pretty sure it is less than 500.

We usually enjoyed outings to pick up items brought through Ricardo and the odd time we sold enjoyed briefly meeting buyers.