View Single Post
Old 16.02.2020, 17:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 297 Times in 245 Posts
Thanked 16,557 Times in 9,134 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tax reduction when spouse becomes unemployed

Quote:
View Post
One follow-up question regarding this part.

Assuming they are able to find a temporary job, is it still considered "quitting" if they stop after a month and are offered a long temporary contract? I know from reading here that RAV is easier if you were laid off or fired.

Second, if they can only find part-time employment, how is this valued relative to full-time? For instance, if they were to become a driver/courier but weren't able to get 100%. My understanding is that it's just the average of past 6 months, and that this 6th month is just averaged in regardless of hours worked—is that right? But do *all* jobs pay into RAV, including hourly/temp work?

Finally, given that you are supposed to work 12 months to be eligible for RAV, does working this 12th month below 100% 'count' as a month? Or will they have to work the temporary job until they reach the hour-equivalent of 12 months.

As a reminder, they have worked the previous 11 months at 100%.
Don't ask for a longer term contract .........

Average earnings over the last 6 or the last 12 months if that is better, it will be if the temporary job pays less.

2 months of 50% would would carry the same weight as 1 month of 100%, calculation over 12 months based on money earned during those 12 months.
I often worked between 5-10 days a month freelance & it was always enough to count as 18 months working in 24 months as the day rate was high. 7 days counted as 100% as there was no insurance payout as I was above 70% of the insured salary.
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: