View Single Post
Old 17.02.2020, 12:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 96 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,071 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I understand rules are rules but...

Thank you, Cherub, for taking the trouble to read Justin's posts, and for your gentle but firm post. I agree that Justin's posts seem inconsistent. This could cause many people simply to walk away from trying to help him, and I completely get that. Maybe he's simply, as you say, "posting dubious stuff", and it is difficult to know. The reason I'm still around on this thread is just in case, just in case, Justin's all for real.

One of the effects of depression can a confusing tension between knowing that one ought to be getting one's matters organised, but lacking the drive to just do it.

One of the possible consequences of severe trauma (as he says he had, from being almost killed in an assault to his head), is exactly this odd kind of mixed message. On one hand the sufferer can become emotionally vulnerable and genuinely needy. On the other, dismissing and rejecting advice and help can [at least temporarily] seem to restore a sense of at least some autonomy.

Unfortunalely, that's circular, and I think the only way to actually progress is to face the need and dare to take on someone's suggestions/help, at least in one area of one's life. Then, that can start, to make things better.
The following 2 users would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post: