View Single Post
Old 17.02.2020, 13:57
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,028 Times in 462 Posts
Cherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I understand rules are rules but...

I can totally empathise with mental illness having suffered 2 very bad bouts of depression myself, one at the age of 20 after the shock of my mother dying suddenly and the second at age 30 after losing my City job and moving to another bank I absolutely hated working in. I also suffered PTSD after 2 years of serious life threatening illness in my mid 40s and being treated with drugs where one of the major side effects was loss of cognitive function to the point where I could not remember a conversation 10 minutes after it took place.

Add to the mix a branch of my extended family has 2 members with severe bipolarism, one with severe OCD and another who is an alcoholic, so I have witnessed a lot of mental illness in my time; I also did voluntary work which brought me into contact with drug and alcohol abusers (with some abusing both).

I'm not here to be judge and jury and I really want to give the benefit of the doubt, but I also don't like to think this person could possibly be a time waster. If this is a genuine case then surely seeking out a forum dedicated to their emotional issues would be a better step forward?
The following 5 users would like to thank Cherub for this useful post: