View Single Post
Old 17.02.2020, 22:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 25,317 Times in 7,893 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cost of installing charging units for electric cars?

Quote:
View Post
I thought you lived in the boonies? Why do you have 50 parking spots?

Tom
It's the Quartier underground garage, built circa late 80s. Even out in the (once) boonies (now ex-urbia) you can't fully escape collective living. The Quartier is a bunch of houses sharing a common garage. We each own a portion, thus collective decision making.

This thread is showing me how much I don't know about this whole topic. I know little about my own car, even less about electric cars, so going through this proposal is pretty much an exercise in WTFery.

Quote:

Also you say "charging system" so I assume you get some more than just some socket.
That was just my translation from 'Ladestation pro Parkplatz'. Cost for this bit is CHF 3800 if that sheds any light. What would you guess that means?

Quote:
View Post
Being able to charge 50 cars? Maybe this is the cause.
Now I'm getting nervous. In my ignorance I just assumed we'd all get a plug-in thingamajig, plug our cars in as and when, and go on about our lives. But good point about capacity. I'm suddenly getting a horror vision of something akin to a charging rota...

So... let's turn this thread around. Given my complete lack of understanding of the subject, what questions should I be asking at the Quartierversammlung?

Last edited by meloncollie; 17.02.2020 at 22:43.
The following 2 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: