View Single Post
Old 18.02.2020, 09:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 25,258 Times in 7,882 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cost of installing charging units for electric cars?

Good questions re: ongoing charging costs/ individual metering of electric use

Currently the electricity cost for the garage is split among the owners, each pays based on the number of parking spots one owns. Only a few will likely rush out and buy an electric car once charging stations are installed, making for unequal usage in the short to medium term.

So I foresee yet another kerfuffle at the Quartier meeting, any proposal that hints that someone might end up paying for something not benefitting them while benefitting another usually devolves into the mother of all bunfights...

Those who have electric cars - can you give me an idea of what your additional electric costs due to charging have been?

Also interesting question about tax deductions. Are there incentives? And if so I wonder who could/should apply for them, each individual owner, or the garage Genossenschaft? The latter is still the owners, but an interesting financial question.

Lawdy, I am not looking forward to this Quartier meeting...
This user would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: