View Single Post
Old 19.02.2020, 16:45

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Caryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Baby birth certificate

This is not an unusual problem, in fact it happened to millions of Displaced Persons after WW II. The place to go for advice is the Swiss consular office responsible for the geographic area where you were born and the documents ought to be, if they still existed and were available. When I organised the facilitated naturalisation of my four children and eight grandchildren (OK, some of the latter were Swiss at birth), we needed documents from all over. Each was sent by the relevant consul (the naturalisations were in different countries) to the place where issued for confirmation, translation and forwarding to Bern. I asked what would be done in the case of an English Jewish marriage certificate for which there is no provision for duplication or certification until and unless the original book of ten is submitted to the local Register Office: that can only be done when it's full and many small synagogues have fewer than one wedding a year, Jewish and Quaker marriages are solemnised under special laws. The answer: an exception will be made, the Embassy in London will take a copy, or the data as pertinent, even an affidavit from the synagogue, and certify that. (The fact that a country doesn't anymore exist, or that maybe the marriage was in accordance with the practice of Yanomami aboriginal peoples where you lived for some time (as was the case of Kenneth Good, look him up on YouTube and Wikipedia) is no obstacle. He got a U.S. passport for his child and a green card for his spouse, although she eventually returned to the Tribe. It may be that some authority in Caracas eventually issued a document for the child's birth, but even if not that wouldn't have been an obstacle. I could envisage issues with a Talak oral divorce but even there...)
This user would like to thank Caryl for this useful post: