View Single Post
Old 19.02.2020, 17:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 334 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 5,745 Times in 2,633 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Attaching mailbox nameplate, and paying the engraver

Quote:
View Post
Not the most interesting questions but I'm sorta perplexed by this process.

I got a nameplate in the mail along with an Einzahlung red slip thing. I assume this is to pay the engraver, but it doesn't have a monetary amount filled out. But it does say above my name and address on the slip "Gravur 2003". Is this supposed to mean 20.03chf? Is this in any way a standard thing or am I going to have to call and ask to find out?

And here is the nameplate. There is a rectangular hole in the mailbox which it sort of fits into but it would require some jerry-rigging in order to fasten it. Surely I can figure something out. But is there anything remotely standard for these? It looks as though something could slot into the back of it.

Did you order it - if not then your rental agent / owner did.
That's pretty good of them, especially as it appears to be free of charge in your case .

If the "Einzahlung red slip thing" (payment / invoice) shows just stars, then there is nothing that you need to pay . Not sure what it means if it's just blank, but would assume the same...

As to fitting the thing, generations of both Swiss and non-Swiss have gone before you in the process of fitting this standard thing. So, hopefully you can also figure it out without EF having to hire an engineer .