View Single Post
Old 19.02.2020, 19:39

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Caryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond repute
Evicting a tenant

I have owned a flat in Valais for over a decade. I've rented it out for years, most recently to an elderly Swiss who paid rent for 4 years or so, and then last August stopped. My agents kept telling me that they were responding as fast as the law allows. There was finally a court hearing on 12th February which I attended. The judge gave the tenant until 30th March to vacate (actually his stuff was all removed in a van the week of 4th February). I plan to occupy the flat myself and rent it out through an AirBnB-type agency (but better than AirBnB: they have cleaners and meeters-and-greeters) when I don't need it.

The question: Does it really take 6 months to evict a tenant for non-payment? I assume that the judgment I get for back rent will be uncollectible and that much of the deposit will go towards cleaning and legal expenses and more fees that the agent thinks up.