View Single Post
Old 20.02.2020, 16:10

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
weltreisender has no particular reputation at present
Family Reunification

Hello Community!

I am new to the forum, and the information here has been really helpful.

Now I am moving to Switzerland (really looking forward to a long-term stay and integration) and have a few questions. Me and my spouse are both Non-EU. My spouse has been working in CH under an L permit which will expire in July (18-month contract). I recently got my work visa approved with a permanent contract and I'm moving in April. We are both highly qualified professionals.

1. Which is the earliest we can apply for family reunification (taking into account that we already signed the contract for our apartment and its valid from 1st of March)?:..Since April? From now? Or until I get the physical residence card? Or after my 3-month “Probezeit”?

2. Which is the earliest you can register with the Kreisburo?

3. If you are waiting for a permit decision, how long (if possible) can you legally stay in Switzerland after your permit has expired?

4. Is it possible to have 2 primary permits in a family, if both go through the non-eu process? Are there any advantages on family reunification compared to two primaries?

5. If my spouse finds a job with a permanent contract before we apply for family reunification, is it worth applying for a permit through the standard non-eu process?

We are trying to find answers with the authorities but any thoughts/experiences will be highly appreciated.