View Single Post
Old 20.02.2020, 21:48
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 129 Times in 67 Posts
DerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: job offer: 70000 CHF as software engineer, what are your thoughts?

Quote:
View Post
Hello to all,

as final update, at the end I have obtained an annual salary of 85.000 CHF, after the technical interview with the client. A friend of mine already in the country recommended to me to press a bit more after the final acceptance of the client.

Only thing is that the new contract does not include the contribution to KTG (payment during illness), should I worry?

Regards.
I don't know about KTG but congratulations on getting to 85K from the initial offer of 70K. I am especially impressed that after being offered 78K, there was still room to negotiate. This proves that negotiating at several stages of the hiring process is possible.

Good luck with the move. The first months will be tight but you will do fine after the initial expenses. Keep an eye out for 2nd hand furniture being sold instead of investing in brand new, do not sign any long terms contracts without reading carefully and try to negotiate the rent too!