View Single Post
Old 21.02.2020, 20:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 32 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 5,554 Times in 2,233 Posts
Mélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Belmont sur Lausanne

Quote:
View Post
Income isn't everything, Lutry and Pully are one of the highest rents and most sought after parts to live, but both have crappy kindergarter/school systems. The commune of Pully is just beyond stupid on how they manage their funds and what they do for their schools. For example, if you live in Pully but there is no place for your kid at their school, your kid can be sent to Prilly or somewhere else in Lausanne which is 10 km away through the city

Epalinges on the other hand manages the school much much better from what I can hear and see from the outside.
I live in Lutry and have taught in Pully for quite a few years, and I’ve never ever heard a kid being sent away?! Moreover the school system is the same in the whole canton. After school daycare varies widely though, and it’s true that in Pully there’s a huge waiting list.

I live in Lutry, and in my opinion they push the kids way too much at school. I’m a teacher, so I know the curriculum. In Lutry they are at least one year in advance if not more. Nice if you have an overachiever kid, but if your child is simply perfectly normal they will struggle to follow and it might impact their self confidence.
This user would like to thank Mélusine for this useful post: