Old 23.02.2020, 09:48
Banned

Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Apartment temperatures - A/C installation

Quote:
View Post
I've got this kind of a first world problem I wanted to discuss. It seems like most of the newer buildings in Switzerland comes with these super nicely-looking floor to ceiling windows, Minergie certifications, etc. In my experience it works totally perfectly during the winter/spring/autumn, but both of the apartments we've lived in so far are just hell in the summer. Last year temperature in ours didn't go lower than 26C even during the night and having mechanical ventilation and a fan in every room didn't help at all.

As warmer days are apparently supposed to come even sooner this year, I wanted to ask if anyone of you found the solution to this issue. We can't use window mounted A/C units as our windows don't slide - we can only open them wide which doesn't help when it's over 30C outside. Does anyone have any experience with going through the landlord or the real estate agency to have A/C professionally installed? If so, what was the average cost? Or do you just cope with these issues with a swimming pool on your loggia or balcony?
AirCon is something one does not need in CH.
The following 2 users would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
This user groans at omtatsat for this post: