View Single Post
Old 23.02.2020, 17:45
Banned

Groaned at 201 Times in 108 Posts
Full Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Education is being strained mostly by year after year of budget cuts and constant interference by high up folk who apparently don't have much of a clue ; mental health provision is for students is, I'd guess, more of a strain nationally on the education system than immigration is. I don't have any numbers for this before a link is demanded.

The housing shortage is exacerbated by the lack of affordable housing - developers prefer to build big 4/5 bed homes as they make bigger bucks and private landlords can charge huge amounts of rent. Plus, weirdly, most folk like living where the jobs and amenities are. Got a senior town planner in the family.
I get it; the education system is already struggling because of budget cuts and the housing shortage is due to a lack of affordable housing.

Yet I still struggle to see how hundreds of thousands of new immigrants coming each year doesn't make the situation worse