View Single Post
Old 24.02.2020, 13:10

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
marcofbbr is considered knowledgeablemarcofbbr is considered knowledgeablemarcofbbr is considered knowledgeable
employee in CH and investments

Hi,

I am European/Italian and will move to CH tomorrow and start working in Bern with a permanent contract. !

I recently sold all my investments (80% of my entire capital was invested in around 20 SICAV funds) as I was not sure what were the regulations in CH for capitals invested abroad.

When I lived in Italy and in the NL I used an a web (brokarage) service to buy/sell funds (around 4K SICAV funds were available). This service was independent from my bank account. Perhaps there is something similar here?

So the questions below are about getting some general indications about how to invest in funds/ETF in CH:

- is there a bank account which offer a great selection of funds/etf more than another with reasonable costs? I would like to be able to choose from a wide pool available and I don't really need a financial advisor to choose the funds as I prefer to find my information online

- how do you pay taxes on your earnings ? I read that there is no tax on capital gain but should I report it in my income? Is it advisable to get a tax adviser for that?

- what are the cost for this kind of operations? The reference I have with my old fund was about fund with a TER of 1% to 3%, + 15euros for each buy/sell operation + some other management commission in the extent of 0,x% (where applicable)

Thanks