View Single Post
Old 24.02.2020, 16:06

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
EricaBlack has no particular reputation at present
Switching from family reunification permit to work permit for non-eu

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has an experience or any knowledge about switching from family reunification permit (B, 5 years) to the work one.

I am non-eu and came to switzerland with my eu spouse 1,5 years ago. My spouse got a contract, and I found a job in IT company shortly after. Now my husband wants a divorce, it is extremely painful and hard for me. I've tried hard but seems there is no way to save our marriage, he said he has someone else now. I am losing both my closest friend and partner, and all my life here, because even though I am employed I am using privileges of being employed as a spouse of EU citizen and if we divorce my permit will be revoked.

I know about the rule that as non-eu I can keep my permit if I am able to prove that I am integrated after 3 years of marriage in Switzerland. It is not the case, our marriage here is 1.5 years.
Also I know that if a swiss company wants to employ a non-eu person they need to publish a job for few months and prove that they could’t find anyone who fits better than me.

I called Migrationsamt and they could’t give more detailed information anything except that my company should apply for a permit for me. But does it mean I should stop working for the time when they are looking for the replacement for me?
Could it be considered as a reason to go through a slightly difference process of getting permit as if I were living outside of eu now?

If it matters: I speak decent German (C1 certificate) and got hobbies here, the circle of friends both expats and swiss, and I am a member of one Verein. I also got a bachelor degree (from back at my home country) and 4 years of work experience (1 year is in ZH)

If you have any thoughts or advices or any experience I would be happy.

Cheers,
Erica