View Single Post
Old 24.02.2020, 20:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,592 Times in 7,493 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I agree anyone legally in the country has the right to use the resources. But I don't think an ever increasing population is desirable nor sustainable.

'Benefit scrounger scum' are a problem, as is the system that allows them to exist. The problem with the 'hard-working immigrant' is that it's a temporary solution, once they've been used up then you need more immigrants to replace them, it becomes a cycle.

Anyway, the UK seems to be (finally) making a step in the right direction with their immigration policy, hopefully it works out well for them.
Let's assume your point of view is not totally wrong, but you should already know that many jobs are not wanted by the locals. And not necessarily because the pay is low (which is not always the case, by the way) but because that specific work is really hard and/or requires some training or specific skills that people have no desire to retrain for. How do you solve these problems?
I would like to hear about viable solutions....
The following 3 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: