View Single Post
Old 25.02.2020, 10:15
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,347 Times in 589 Posts
Spinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Importing a 9x19 gun in Italy with European Firearm Pass

Quote:
View Post
g (given that in Italy 9x19 semiauto pistols are banned).
Where does that come from? I have a beretta 92 in Italy (legally held with a porto d'armi), and used to regularly shoot at the local range.

EDIT - Did some digging, I get where the confisuon comes from. In 2010 they added some 9x19 to the "war weapons" catalogue, and then cancelled the whole catalogue... but never really implemented it properly. Clear as mud? Usual for italian law...

I renewed my porto d'armi just before xmas and they had no issues with my 92.

This is a good read:
http://www.armimilitari.it/wordpress...mm-parabellum/

TL : DR Version:
In poche parole in Italia perfettamente legale acquistare, ed utilizzare armi lunghe calibro 9 Luger/Parabellum, senza inoltre alcuna limitazione all’uso delle sole palle in piombo come accadeva nelle vecchie schede di catalogazione.

EDIT 2: The helpful part. Call the range where you plan to go shooting. They should be registered with TSN (tiro a segno nazionale), and can provide guidance. My local one even organised a medical checkup with their doctor (a requirement for renewal)

Last edited by Spinal; 25.02.2020 at 11:07.
This user would like to thank Spinal for this useful post: