View Single Post
Old 26.02.2020, 12:34
NJE NJE is offline
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NJE has no particular reputation at present
Re: Regular self employed work in Switzerland as non resident - which permit?

View Post
Yes, you can't be self employed in a country and not resident. Under EU rules you can come to Switzerland for short periods to work for your company.
It's confusing, as I found this on the KMU website:

'To become self-employed in Switzerland, cross-border workers must file an application for a cross-border work permit (Permit G) with the Cantonal Population Office. This permit allows workers to work in Switzerland and reside there on the condition that they return to their main place of residence at least once a week.'

Yes, I have previously used the short term notification option, however this is only for 90 days in a calendar year. However, my profession becomes more in demand, especially with the expats and the profession itself does not exist in Switzerland, so just my booking requests for this year already are over 90 days.
Reply With Quote