View Single Post
Old 26.02.2020, 14:47

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
teacakeandjosie has no particular reputation at present
New and a bit nervous

Hello everyone!
My name is Josie and I will be moving to Zurich in April with my partner.
I am (will be by April) 31 years old, female, lover of tea and cake and walking and good food, and I enjoy a good jog around the block and in nature. I also love animals and being outdoors. I would describe myself as loyal, kind, a bit of a child in an adult's body (in a good way I think), and thoughtful. I am British, but I have lived in Germany, Finland and Italy. We will be in Zurich for at least 5 years as my partner is working at the university in fab new job.

I am hoping to meet lots of new people and make some nice friends; I am leaving behind some wonderful girlfriends in Italy and it is scary to start again and build a nice friendship group.

Also, I need to find a job... I am a fully trained primary school teacher, but I am looking to do office-based work in Zurich if I can. Administration, any kind of editing, copywriting, support work or office work would be very welcome. Anyone think I stand a chance of finding a half decent job? I have absolutely no clue where to begin selling myself if I am honest, especially being a teacher for the last 7 years. Any clues?

Really looking forward to getting to know people on here, I have heard good things!

Have a happy day!
Josie
The following 6 users would like to thank teacakeandjosie for this useful post: