View Single Post
Old 26.02.2020, 20:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 218 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 7,465 Times in 3,298 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Only one person named on the rental agreement

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

My girlfriend (Irish) and I (British) are looking to move to Lugano in a few months time. We are currently in the process of registering a business in Switzerland, along with our Swiss business partner - and intend to issue ourselves employment contracts and apply for residency permits.

We have found an apartment on AirBnB - and the landlord has agreed to a 10 month lease. However, he has stated that he can only register one of us at the address.

He stated that he cannot register both of us to the address, as he would need to find a new address for himself. Despite living abroad, he is currently using the address as his primary residence.

For clarity, we would be renting the entire apartment, and he wouldn't be living in it.

Therefore his solution is to register one of us to property, an addition to himself.

The property is a 2.5 room (1 bedroom) apartment.

As we are looking to move to Switzerland and become tax residents, my concern is that one of us wouldn't be on the rental agreement.

Is there a solution for this situation? Or can we both register at the commune despite not both being on the rental agreement?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Many thanks,

Jon

But it is not just about being on the lease agreement.... it's about continuing the pretense that the owner is living there too with you....

If it were me I'd walk away because you could get pulled more into this little charade later. You are new to the country and starting a business, don't take on his baggage.
The following 7 users would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post: