View Single Post
Old 26.02.2020, 21:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 220 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 7,491 Times in 3,309 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Regular self employed work in Switzerland as non resident - which permit?

Quote:
View Post
It's confusing, as I found this on the KMU website

You need to roll this back a bit... You and your company are two separate legal entities in the eyes of the law. From a legal point of view who is going to contract with the client - you or the company?

If the company is supplying the services, then you have no justification for claiming to be self-employed, since you are not doing the business in your own right.

And if you were to get a G type permit to be self-employed and crossing the border each day or so as required by the G permit then there may be other consequences in relation to you tax affairs in Germany and those of your company, since it is registered in the UK.

For instance, a one man company registered outside Switzerland, is considered Swiss resident, if the main shareholder is considered Swiss resident and a substantial part of it's business is conducted in Switzerland (I have had experience of this one).

I suggest you need to get this thing sorted out correctly from a legal point of view before you go any further.