View Single Post
Old 27.02.2020, 10:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 236 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 19,972 Times in 8,115 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rental car liability excess

Quote:
View Post
Hi

Quick question I recently had a hire car and some damage to the vehicle, I paid the rental company for the amount claimed and then claimed the amount paid with Allianz through my UBS Gold Card cover. Allianz however wont pay out, the letter was a bit confusing as it said because I didnt take CDW cover with the car rental company they wont pay out but the reason I didnt take any CDW cover was because I was covered under this insurance. Confusing
The relevant part of the agreement (that you can see on UBS website) says:
Art. 5 Insured occurrences
The insurance covers the deductible that is incurred because of damage to or theft of a hire car while the rental agreement is in force. Prerequisite for the indemnification is an occurrence covered by another insurance and a deductible that results therefrom.
b) If the damages insured pursuant to Art. 5 a) do not reach the amount of the deductible, then AGA assumes the damages to the extent the occurrence is an insured event.
When I book a hire car, I'm used to seeing something like:
Price includes: Damage and collision protection (Excess to 1500,00 CHF)

My gold credit card covers that excess. If your hire didn't include any such insurance, then you're not covered. That's my guess.