View Single Post
Old 27.02.2020, 10:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 354 Times in 242 Posts
Thanked 12,272 Times in 4,204 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rental car liability excess

Quote:
View Post
Hi

Quick question I recently had a hire car and some damage to the vehicle, I paid the rental company for the amount claimed and then claimed the amount paid with Allianz through my UBS Gold Card cover. Allianz however wont pay out, the letter was a bit confusing as it said because I didnt take CDW cover with the car rental company they wont pay out but the reason I didnt take any CDW cover was because I was covered under this insurance. Confusing
You are correct! CDW is extra and your card should cover this. But the cover may be limited - for example not covering any non-bodywork damage or breakdowns.

My ZKB Goldcard (through Viseca) paid all of a CHF450 claim I made on an Australian rental (Europcar) last year. I specifically did not buy CDW as it was covered by my card.

https://www.viseca.ch/en/services/in...tal-deductible

"Our collision damage excess waiver fully covers the excess payable in the event of damage and theft. Thanks to Viseca, therefore, you never have to separately arrange an excess waiver."

Fed up of smoking? 10 tips to quit in 10 days