View Single Post
Old 27.02.2020, 12:13
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 1,342 Times in 613 Posts
LuganoPirate has a reputation beyond reputeLuganoPirate has a reputation beyond reputeLuganoPirate has a reputation beyond reputeLuganoPirate has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Only one person named on the rental agreement

Quote:
1: She does not have to be on the rental agreement, you just sign a separate paper that you provide for her and that would be all to be able to have her registered at your home, however your landlord does forbid you this. So you can choose: Have problems with the authorities, have problems with your landlord or find something else without problems.

2: You can propose what you want, if he does not want it, it is end of story.
The landlord would not even know who is registered as living in the apartment.

Referring to @Axa, he has a point, so I guess it's a two bedroom flat. If it is, it's not a problem. If it isn't, then it would sort of imply the landlord and tenant are living together!! I can't answer what the occupancy rate per flat is as I've never been in that situation.

However, I've rented a 40 m2 studio to a couple with a young child and baby for 3 months. Was not a problem. Also a 2 bedroom flat to a Dutch couple with 3 children and a baby for 15 months. Baby in parent room, 1 bunk bed and 1 single. All registered at the town hall and no issues.

I would add however, you don't want problems to start off with, especially if you're relying / applying for permits. So unless everything is upfront and agreed, personally I'd look elsewhere.
This user would like to thank LuganoPirate for this useful post: