View Single Post
Old 28.02.2020, 23:11
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
alizary has no particular reputation at present
Quellensteuer plus normal tax

Hi everybody,

Quite basic questions probably, but I'm a newbie in this area, and hope for some clarification (sorry if it was already posted and discussed elsewhere - I didn't find anything related):

1. Till 2019 I was on a B permit and paid Quellensteuer at source (2019 including, less than 120K). In the beginning of this year 2020 I got a request to fill in a usual tax declaration for 2019, and I thought that's a good idea, as I might get some money back due to the opened 3a pillar (and some other deductions), and so I did. But now, I got a bill to pay (Provisorische Abrechnung for Bundessteuer), according to the calculations I have done and sent to them, and like I didn't pay any Quellensteuer..??? Is that really how it works? I will have to pay double amount (Quellensteuer and normal tax), in order to get a refund for overpay somewhere next year?? Or they missed the info about my taxes paid? There was no specific chapter in tax declaration, actually, to mention that I pay already at source, but shouldn't they have it already in the system? Can I just ignore the bill?)))

2. From Jan 2020 I am on C permit, but still get Quellensteuer deducted from my salary.. As far as I know, it shouldn't be the case any more..? Is it the matter of time and I should just wait, or is it me who has to inform all the offices about the permit change and getting a new tariff accordingly?

Many thx in advance!