View Single Post
Old 03.03.2020, 14:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 411 Times in 319 Posts
Thanked 17,270 Times in 9,699 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: family reunification

Quote:
View Post
I have been reading in this forum about family reunification, but i have not seen any similar case about what am going to share below, hopefully someone had gone through it and can help me understand better.
I am non EU, i got married to a swiss citizen on Febuary 2020,
I am holding a 5 years resident permit from italy, my spouse was asked prior our marriage if we are planning also for family reunification after getting married and my spouse joyfuly said yes, so the Civil Registry told my spouse to fill the form from family reunification and told my spouse that they will send the documents to the immigration by themselve including our marriage certificate.
So my question is, i assume that they have posted it the immigration after our marriage about 2 weeks ago,

How long will we wait for an answer?
I came for the marriage without any Visa

Will they ask me to get Visa for the family reunification?

Should i be registered in my spouse's house before the family reunification take Place?
Welcome to the forum.

Where did you marry? If here, then you/he should have applied for a fiance permit which would have allowed you to be here to help with the wedding preparations.

With a residence permit from Italy you can be here for up to 3 months, but after that you need to return to Italy to await a decision, assuming you haven't had one before then.