View Single Post
Old 03.03.2020, 22:51
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Senior Java Developer has no particular reputation at present
Re: Help with motivational letter for a landlord

Quote:
View Post
I suppose it couldn't hurt. But I know that there is often a LOT of competition for apartments in the Zurich area. So quite likely, it isn't that something is wrong with you or your application, but that so many other people had also applied.
We lived in an apartment in central Zurich when I first moved here, and when we moved out, we had well over 50 people come to view our apartment and apply for it. Have you considered living outside of central Zurich where perhaps the demand isn't quite so competitive?
Quote:
View Post
Are you applying for really cheap apartments? If you can afford a higher rent, it might increase your changes to go a bit higher.
Long story short. Family from EU, me, wife and 1-year-old child. We both are in the early thirties. Work permit type B for 5 years, unlimited contract with the employer. Family income 130K CHF. Apartment budget 2000-2500 CHF. At least 3 rooms, at least 60 Sqm.

The only concern is that my family still is in the home country and will join me as soon as I'll find an apartment.

So far I applied in Altstetten, Schlieren, Dietikon, Wiedikon, Alt-Wiedikon, Sihlfeld, Adliswil, Opfikon, Oerlikon, Wallisellen, Affoltern, Wollishofen.
Rejected everywhere.
The following 2 users would like to thank Senior Java Developer for this useful post: