View Single Post
Old 04.03.2020, 13:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 7,627 Times in 3,571 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help with motivational letter for a landlord

Quote:
View Post
I think a motivation letter with family photo cannot harm.

Also, do you specify your wife and son will join you? If you only put yourself they may not want to give a single person a big flat.

Do you also add proof of income? You did not say and this could be an issue. Normally I have always addedd a letter from employer stating I have a permanent contract and earn such and such an that I am a good employee .

The one thing I think helps a lot is also being among the first to apply, I always ran there in person the morning after the viewing.

Good luck!
Doesn't appear the OP is looking at large flats at all.

New to Switzerland with a new job doesn't give the employee much history. If the new employee is still in the probationary period this can definitely be of some concern to a landlord. Temporary housing is often a good idea until one is sure of the employment situation.

As for viewings, not everyone has the flexibility to see a flat as soon as an ad appears, especially if one is in a new job. After work or weekends might be the only opportunity for a new employee who cannnot take time off work.

40 viewings but only 15 applications tells me that the OP is wasting a lot of time looking at flats that are unsuitable and not worth applying for. 15 rejections seems quite high looking at some of the locations the OP listed.