View Single Post
Old 05.03.2020, 12:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 231 Times in 158 Posts
Thanked 5,887 Times in 2,157 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss launch of the Porsche Taycan - also one for the starwars fans ;)

Quote:
It's not a question of mindset, but of definitions, but as there aren't any clearly accepted definitions, the mindset does come into play.

For instance:

Why would you take an arbitrary issue like number of seats as part of the definition? Yes, I know that this is a common view, but if you were to define a car by its capabilities then it's a nonsense to even consider it. A sports car with extra capabilities can still be a sports car, in my view.

I watched Top Gear the other week, where they were doing one of their silly challenges, and it was "sports cars". Paddy turned up in a convertible Lambo, whereupon the petrolhead Chris Harris immediately, and continually from there on in, made the point that it wasn't a sports car. Why not? Apparently, in his book, not only does the two-seats only rule apply, but convertibles aren't allowed to be included either.

Ridiculous use of semantics.
It was a Ferrari IIRC.