View Single Post
Old 06.03.2020, 13:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 571 Times in 447 Posts
Thanked 24,348 Times in 9,802 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian restaurants Zürich

Quote:
View Post

But for sure, one of the worst Indian restaurants I tried was in the UK The taste of the dish was not that bad but it was incredibly fat, my husband as well as I had difficulties to finish it (although we are usually big eaters in Indian restaurants). Not fat enough for the couple sitting next to us apparently, as they ordered French fries with their curry (it would never cross my mind to even think about ordering French fries in an Indian restaurant). It's maybe simply a cultural matter, because the restaurant was rated as really good by the locals.
Like any other restaurants, in any country you can get good and bad Indian restaurants.

I've had some amazing Indian food in the U.K. but most of it seems to be a generic North Indian masala of meat in an oily tomato-based sauce.
Which funnily enough is exactly how I would describe the last Indian meal I had in Paris.

I wouldn't think of ordering French fries in an Indian restaurant either and I'm from the U.K.
I'm not sure it's cultural - it's just that some people in the U.K, whilst they feel that eating an Indian is awfully adventurous, also feel a 'dinner' is not a dinner unless it has a portion of potatoes with it.