View Single Post
Old 07.03.2020, 17:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 231 Times in 158 Posts
Thanked 5,878 Times in 2,156 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PhD Student Moving To Neuchatel

Quote:
View Post
I was recently in touch with another from this forum who told me that they were both Non-EU but they were able to get the family reunification visa and work-permit B easily in Neuchatel. I'm hoping we get to be as lucky as them. This whole visa process is always a nightmare for Non-EU citizens and I'm always anxious how our outcome will be.

I agree, my salary is very decent - my supervisor also said the same thing. Yes, he did say the pay grade increases every year and there is a possibility to increase activity rate up to 100% in the subsequent years. On this note, how livable would the 1st year salary (3500-3800 CHF monthly) be in your opinion for 2 people with a moderate lifestyle?

On another but not unrelated note, was your wife able to find any English speaking jobs in Neuchatel or did she have to learn French, etc.? My husband has zero French and hoping we get the B permit with full working rights for him, my goal is that he would be able to find work in the next 6 - 12 months or so. Any information on finding English jobs in Neuchatel would be highly appreciated!
I left Switzerland in 2015 so my information may be out of date but I earned less than 49k in my first year and did fine.
This user would like to thank porsch1909 for this useful post: