View Single Post
Old 09.03.2020, 08:29
Forum Legend

Groaned at 95 Times in 76 Posts
Thanked 12,442 Times in 5,051 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Child being kicked out of the country because the father rejects his respon

Quote:
View Post
Sorry, but it doesn't matter what your son wants. If the father doesn't want contact in any way, that's it. You can't force yourself on someone which it seems to me you're trying to do.
I understand how you meant this. But I disagree: it does matter, very much, what the son wants, and it's important to acknowledge that. This seems to be, sadly, a situation where the son (and the mother) are going to have to learn that one doesn't always get what one wants.

As soon as the Social Services (called Sozialamt in German) and/or the Child Protection Agency (called KESB, in German) is/are involved, it is very likely that a social worker will try to encourage the father to see his son, at least once, or at least occasionally. This is because it is generally deemed better for a child's psychological development to know who both parents are, having a real image, rather than growing up with a fantasy notion of who and how the father might be.

You are also right, though, Medea, that if the father really does not want to see the son at all, then he cannot be made to do so. There is also no obligation upon him, at all, to see the child's mother.

I hope OP comes back and answers some of the questions, so we can see if we can advise her.