View Single Post
Old 09.03.2020, 16:38

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Humph has earned some respectHumph has earned some respect
Re: Garden damage - responsibility?

Quote:
View Post
What does the apartment owner thinks about the issue? Did he considers the trampoline: (i) trash left behind the previous tenant, (ii) your property.

In the first case, the previous tenant deposit is just there to cover the damages.

In the second case, it seems people (vineyard owner and apartment owner) assume the trampoline is yours and you need to prove them wrong. You may be right, but you need to prove it first. What does the état de lieux that you signed when arrived to the apartment says? Does it mentions the trampoline?

Considering the disposal of trash is a costly affair in Switzerland, I would think a bit about the motivations of the previous tenant. It was less expensive to give away the trash instead of cleaning. I shared a flat for some years and there was nothing that made people more furious than asking them to take all their property when leaving. People complained about my rudeness for not taking a "gift" (a chair, a plant, a bed frame, etc). I just pointed that getting rid of the trash would cost me X amount of francs, so if someone wanted to leave an object behind, should also leave some money for proper waste disposal.
The apartment owner is the son of the vineyard owner. I don't think I'm going to be getting any unbiased opinion that doesn't involve me being responsible and paying.
This user would like to thank Humph for this useful post: