View Single Post
Old 09.03.2020, 17:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 18,383 Times in 7,702 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Garden damage - responsibility?

Quote:
View Post
The previous tenant went silent for a good few months after they left and we had no contact from them (including leaving the UPC contract in their name as they hadn't given proper notice, which was something else we had to sort out). Unsure what to do about the trampoline, and feeling that I couldn't just chuck it out as it wasn't mine, I actually paid to make the thing safe (as in, replaced the broken springs and rotted parts at no small expense) out of necessity as I couldn't stop small kids from climbing on it. So that's how we ended up with it. Assumed ownership by necessity maybe?
ok. then let's drop the whole 'former tenant' line and deal with the reality that it was your trampoline which did the damage.

even then, i'd imagine that it is either your fault and liability insurance pays. or it is not your fault and not your problem.
The following 2 users would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post: