View Single Post
Old 09.03.2020, 23:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What options do we have to recover debt from UK Agency?

Quote:
View Post
My company is owed a large amount of money from a UK company, it was for services the UK company had in Switzerland over the new year whereby we provided rented costumes for a film shoot along with some scenic services and supply of transportation to and from the venues.

They have made a number of excuses and now don't reply to emails we send. A final reminder invoice and second reminder (2. Mahnung) well past the deadline. We also sent these by registered post so they received them.

If anyone can advise what they think we should do, what would be the best method to get the payment rapidly as we are a small company and already under pressure with bookings because of the CoronaVirus?

I seriously am considering going over and visiting them face to face but I'm frightened to do this as I have a bad temper and might just knock the CEOs lights out as I feel he intended this to happen all along.
Payment is always very slow in the film industry, agencies rarely pay quicker than 90 days. I suspect they have not been paid &do not have the cash on hand to pay you as yet or possibly ever. No need to waste money on registered post, the UK is not like CH.

The word Ltd is a warning to anyone choosing to do business with a company.
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: