View Single Post
Old 10.03.2020, 10:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Travel Insurance Frustration (not Corona virus related!!!)

Quote:
View Post
Hi!!

Please can anyone help - I am just finishing a 9 month work contract in Switzerland. I am then travelling back to the UK before taking a break in Croatia for a week and then back to Switzerland for a holiday before I get a job and settle down here properly. I have been looking at getting a 6 month travel insurance policy to cover the duration of my time 'between jobs' but -

to buy insurance from the UK I need to have been resident for 3 months (I'll have been in the UK for 12 days before I leave for Croatia and then back to Switzerland)

to buy insurance from Switzerland I need to be a permanent resident (I only have an L permit that expires on the 30/03/2020) - plus I am I right in that the travel insurance from here doesn't cover Medical because you'd already be covered with the mandatory ins from here?? (which I was going to cancel when I left for the UK)

Garrrrrggggghhhhh - my head hurts!!!! Please help!!!
Travel insurance does not really cover much medical stuff even through they may say 10 million of cover, they return you to your place of residence & let your home countries arrangements pick up the tab.

Sounds like you need to keep up your Swiss medical insurance especially as you intend to return, your Swiss EHIC will cover you for 3 months as a tourist, however you need to pay the premiums.