View Single Post
Old 12.03.2020, 19:01

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
italo has earned some respectitalo has earned some respect
Another Tax Declaration post (Zurich, B permit, but with a quirk)

Hi all and thanks for the great forum, I always find an invaluable amount of information here, but I'm really getting mad wrapping my head around the tax issue.

I am Italian, resident in Switzerland since 2017, with residence permit B. Last year (2019) for the first time my salary exceeded 120k. I was living in Lausanne, but then *as of December 1st* I moved to Zurich. I was (and am) also paying 3rd pillar contributions.

Please help me to understand if I got it correctly:

1) Since I moved to Zurich before December 31st and since my gross salary in 2019 was over 120k, I *have* to file taxes in Zurich.
2) This means that at some point I will receive per post the forms for the tax declaration, but this might happen a couple of months from now. Then, I'll have like 30 days of time to fill them.
3) However, since I was taxed at source in Lausanne (much higher taxes compared to Zurich) I should expect that, when the moment comes, I will actually receive back quite a lot of money, rather than having to pay.
4) For filling this tax declaration form, I can use this guide: https://www.steueramt.zh.ch/internet...h_20191017.pdf
5) For the 3rd pillar and other deductions instead, I should use the form located at https://www.steueramt.zh.ch/internet...ortal_anv.html (Antrag für quellensteuerpflichtige Arbeitnehmende auf Neuveranlagung der Quellensteuer 2019) *before March 31st*

Is the above correct?

I am particularly wondering about the two points: getting back the difference between taxation in Lausanne and taxation in Zurich, and if it is true that I have basically to do *two* declarations: the one because I am over 120k, and the one for claiming back 3rd pillar and other little things, which sounds a bit silly to me.

I also asked at the tax office, but they always seem to dodge the answer I need (either they don't read my email carefully or my German is really bad).

I would be really grateful if someone can confirm or correct me because this is getting really frustrating

Thanks in advance!