View Single Post
Old 13.03.2020, 09:27
nasa2000's Avatar
nasa2000 nasa2000 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: Filling Tax return form for Permit B

View Post
Hello Forum,

I am preparing for the first time my tax return form and I am not sure about a few things. I am permit B, so I do not need to declare my salary as these are being deducted directly. From Canton Luzern.
1. Where do I get the "PersID" (Personal ID number)? If I never got it can I leave it empty and they will create one for me?
2. We fill this form mainly in order to get the discount of the 3rd Pillar. Does it makes scene to declare also other things?
3. What is the level of additional income that I should declare on (i.e. from selling my 2nd hand stuff, subletting my place etc.)? Last time I was checking it requires declaration only if it exceaeding a profit of 20K (I am ofcourse way less then that).

Due to Coronavirus I am trying to avoid going to the municipalities and ask there' so I would appreciate your help.

1. If by that you mean your taxation number, you might not need one (read below)
2. It makes sense to declare anything that you allowed to deduct (check online or send your municipality an email to provide yuo with info on what can you deduct)
3.I don't get you point, you asked the question then answered it yourself..if you checked last time and found it was >20K, why not check this time as well?

Just that you know, as a permit B holder, unless your income is >120K/year you are not allowed to fill a tax declaration, yes not allowed (at least this is the case in Fribourg), your taxes are being deducted from your salary (at source deductions). What you could do, is to submit a request for tax correction, providing documents for what you want to claim (3rd pillar...etc). They will then make their calculations and if there is a difference in your favour, it will be transferred to you.
Reply With Quote