Old 22.03.2020, 09:25

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Steve has no particular reputation at present
Re: ANOBAG - any experiences? Good , bad and the ugl

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,
A few questions for folks doing ANOBAG:
1. The company handling my residence permit contacted the Econ Affairs bureau in Zurich to check if I'd need a work permit to keep working remotely for my US company that has no offices here (separate from the residence permit I'll receive soon). The bureau said no work permit is needed because my job has nothing to do with the Swiss labor market. Is that accurate? Really hope so because that's what I told my employer!

2. How hard is it arranging ANOBAG? Did your home company in the other country help pay costs, or help with the process?

3. Did you handle ANOBAG on your own or hire a company?

4. If hiring a company, any relatively inexpensive one you could recommend? This is just for one person (me), so I'm hoping to find somewhere that can help figure out the paperwork/arrangements with my employer easily for all of these payments and forms.

Thank you!
We work with several ANOBAG employees with residence permits and their foreign employers do not need work permits on top.

Your employer will pay all costs. You (or your appointed accountant) will be the official point of contact to the Swiss social office who will send you a bill for the AHV insurance, and to whom you will declare your salary (in addition to the tax office). They will also ask you for your accident insurance and professional pension certificates - these are easy to arrange with any Swiss insurer, for example Zürich or AXA Winterthur.

Application for ANOBAG is a simple form signed by you and your employer. (if you have children there is a separate form for child allowance claim). If your employer is in the EU there is an additional EU social form which the Swiss social office will send you.

So you can do it yourself, but if you don't want the hassle of admin and transacting payments this is a routine job for an accountant and should not not be expensive.
This user would like to thank Steve for this useful post: