View Single Post
Old 22.03.2020, 20:44
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 66 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 1,770 Times in 676 Posts
terrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond repute
Recipes Worth a try

And so as I find myself (like I hope many of you) stuck in self isolation, I have decided to start experimenting with recipes. Note, that my OH would open a restaurant in his next life if he had the chance; he loves to cook and experiment! I would describe myself as a reluctant cook in that I am proficient at following recipes, but I do not have the same zeal to create or recreate meals I eat in restaurants (My husband loves to do this!)

Just found a very simple and yummy roast chicken recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver. We used a head of garlic sliced horizontally along with red onion, zucchini, yellow and red pepper under the chicken. Next time I would use aubergine as well. Here is the recipe for those interested:

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...roast-chicken/

I served it with rice pilaf (for two people: 1/2 onion chopped finely, 1/2 cup rice, 3 tbsp butter and 1 cup of chicken broth. Sauté the onion in the butter for 5-7 minutes until soft; add the rice and cook for 2 minutes and then add the broth. Cover and cook on medium heat for roughly 18 minutes). Yummy
The following 14 users would like to thank terrifisch for this useful post: