View Single Post
Old 24.03.2020, 08:57

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Orgetorix has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
Being (presumably) a research zoologist with an interest in snakes, how does bats, viruses, pharma sound? Might be an opening or two opening up in that area in Switzerland for a long term research project.
Bats, viruses and pharma sounds very interesting! There is a bat research group at Bristol where I got my degree so I have an affinity to them already and my Master's was based on molecular parasitology (many interchangeable concepts with virology)

I will give you my email address in a private message so you can send me the details if that's okay?

Quote:
View Post
Forch is great place to wait out current situation, even better having the dogs for company. If you haven't found routes yet, the areas around the Forchdenkmal and the woods up to the Hochwacht observation tower are great for the dogs and social distancing shouldn't be an issue. Sorry no suggestions on where to take Norman out!
By now I have pretty much memorised every walking trail within a 10 km radius, with preference to the less frequented ones due to my dogs' boisterous behaviour! Presumably the Hochwacht tower is the one on the Pfannenstiel? I live pretty much right next to the Denkmal and it is a very cool statue indeed!

Quote:
View Post
social distancing shouldn't be an issue.
It seems to be busier now that so many people are working from home. It's almost impossible to go out without seeing people everywhere! (bearing in mind I'm used to seeing no more than two people on a 1.5 - 2 hour walk)

Last edited by 3Wishes; 26.03.2020 at 15:28. Reason: merging consecutive replies