View Single Post
Old 27.03.2020, 10:04

Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
wantone has no particular reputation at present
Re: Markets down - Invest now or wait further?

Quote:
View Post
It's interesting to read all 'predictions' made in this thread. Ultimately, however, nobody knows where the S&P 500 will be in the next week, month, or year. If there was consensus that markets will be going down, they'll be down already. If there was consensus that markets will be going up, they'll be up already.

IMHO there are way too many unknowns for anyone to actually benefit from timing this market. Both on the upside (surprise-treatment, early vaccine, hot and early summer) and on the downside (US riots, 2nd/3rd wave, more protectionism).

Markets will either go up or down, so at any point there's a 50% chance each pundit will get it right. Those who are lucky enough to be right will come back boasting. And help build some FOMO for the rest. But how many times in a row can they get lucky?

I'll just stay the course and stick to my pre-defined investment strategy.
If one can predict the markets say at 80% of moves then one can become multi millionaire quickly. No one can do such thing. We all make guesses and wish for the best. There are many indicators and news in the markets that can move the markets and you can get an idea about the next move but you need years of experience.

I try to implement a strategy that makes money without relying too much on predictions. Make money on the downside and the upside. It is not easy but it is possible.