View Single Post
Old 28.03.2020, 16:13

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
westernfrontier has no particular reputation at present
Dear K ad e,

Exactly that is what I was advised by few Swiss and German colleagues.
I just have to wait for the conclusion of my interview which should be this coming week.

This site may be useful to read. The Swiss like many other EU countries are careful for not permitting people to travel due to the latest Covid-19 crises. Hence as I read until June 15th, 2020 they will not issue any new permits. Hope this crises will end with the magic touch of great scientists around the world!

https://www.fragomen.com/about/news/...vice-employers

@blackbird, great. But I am an American citizen and do have the Permanent German residency. I am allowed to live out of Germany not more than 6 months. The only way is Permit G. In this case I must have an apartment in Germany ( to be melde= registered) and also an apartment in Swiss where I work. Since it is not possible to drive 3 hours going and coming back to Germany on a regular basis, unless you work in Basel.
This Permit is also on hold until June 15th, 2020 or so.....

The main question for me was to know if it is worth it to lose the German residency if I will be given the Permit B option! (this is just a question of what are pros and cons of such decision...)

Last edited by 3Wishes; 28.03.2020 at 22:06. Reason: merging consecutive replies