View Single Post
Old 30.03.2020, 22:26
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 83 Times in 66 Posts
Thanked 1,192 Times in 581 Posts
YuropFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeYuropFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeYuropFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeYuropFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Family reunification got rejected

A restaurant job - unless you're a famous chef - isn't paying very well. Your skills are probably also not looking to good to the immigration authorities, and having a friend that might support you financially won't cut it either.

The Corona crisis has also hit restaurants extremely hard, and I can see the situation for your husband getting worse. And while the state throws out money left and right, I doubt that all business will survive, meaning lots of unemployed restaurant staff competing.

Now, not all is hopeless. You might want to learn a profession that is thought-after. Something like a nurse or elderly care - these jobs are always in high demand, not just now. Learning the local language (German, since you state Effretikon) will also be a big plus. A certificed elderly caretaker speaking B1 German with a husband holding a B permit - this would improve your chances by a huge margin. If your husband is getting close to apply for a C permit, I'd wait for that, since that would almost guarantee your visa being approved.

With a proper certification, possibly even authorized by the Swiss embassy, I'd say you got a proper chance. Fighting back right now? I think there are better options.
The following 5 users would like to thank YuropFlyer for this useful post: