View Single Post
Old 31.03.2020, 16:15
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
yotam has no particular reputation at present
Permit B - living in a different canton?

Hi,

Can I hold a permit B (I am not a Swiss/EU/EFTA national) from Vaud and live in canton Zurich?

I am asking because I am in the process of moving from being a postdoctorant at EPFL to working for a company in Zurich. I have a B permit from EPFL. The company in Zurich is applying for a permit for me with the Zurich migration office and I will start there once the permit is approved. However, this may take some time due to the coronavirus situation (the migration office assured me that they are issuing permits though).

The problem is that we want to move to Zurich area in the summer, regardless of my employment situation, since my son goes to school and we also need to vacate our current apartment.

So we don't know whether it is ok that we rent an apartment in Zurich starting the summer, and move into it even if we do not have the new permits yet. Our old permits from Vaud will remain valid until I switch employers.

I asked the Zurich migration office and they did not know the answer. Referred me to the Vaud migration office which I was unable to talk to so far.

Anyone here knows the rules or has related experience?

Thanks,
Yotam